We’re excited to announce that our child care is reopening on Tuesday 6 April 2021.
Our childcare program is open to members and casual visitors seeking care for their children.
Children are supervised by qualified carers in our dedicated childcare area, an interactive space equipped with games and toys. We provide children with the opportunity to socialise in a family and multi-age setting, where they can explore new experiences in a stimulating and caring environment. We welcome children from six weeks of age.
Monday, Tuesday and Thursday: 9:00am – 12:00pm
- Session 1: 9:00 AM – 10:30 AM
- Session 2: 10:30 AM – 12:00 PM
We offer two styles of care in our centre: sessional care and occasional care.
- Sessional care: for parents and carers who are planning to stay within the centre while their child is in care.
- Occasional care: for parents and carers who would like to pursue activities outside the centre while their child is in care.
- 1:5 for infants under three years
- 1:15 for children over three years
- Bookings are a minimum of 1.5 hours for both styles of child care (sessional or occasional care)
- No child may attend for more than five hours per day, 15 hours per week
Member (1.5 hour session)
- One child
$10.70 Non-member (1.5 hour session)
- One child
Member / non-member
Late pick-up fee
$1 per minute per family
Enrolment, bookings and cancellations
For each child you wish to enrol in our child care service, you need to:
- Fill out the enrolment form
- Provide an original birth certificate, Immunisation History Statement, and other supporting documents (for example, a Health Care Card or anaphylaxis management plan) where necessary
- Please bring these forms into the centre.
We recommend an orientation meeting with our Children's Service staff to:
- Give you a tour of the creche
- Check your enrolment form and supporting documents
- Discuss your child's needs and your expectations.
This can be arranged at reception or by calling the centre on (03) 9486 7200 during creche hours.
Once enrolled, you can make a booking in person or by calling the centre on (03) 9486 7200 during creche hours. Bookings can be made up to a week in advance. Bookings are essential and can be made on a casual or permanent basis. Please understand when using casual bookings that places may not always be available.
Fees must be paid when you book.
If possible, please give us 24 hours notice of cancellations. Where that's not possible, please let us know by 8am on the day of your booked session.
If a cancellation is due to illness and a medical certificate provided then a make-up session will be offered.
What to Bring
Bring all the things your child will need during their care. Please ensure all items are clearly labelled with your child's name. If your child is on medication, please hand this directly to staff when you arrive.
Infants and toddlers
- Bottle (with expressed milk, pre-made formula or cow's milk as required)
- Healthy snack or lunch
- Water bottle or sippy cup
- Dummy in sealed container, if required
- Nappies, wipes and plastic bags
- Change of clothes
- Sun-safe hat - we recommend the legionnaire style (brim at the front, flap at the back)
- Comfort item (soft toy or blanket), if required
- Sleeping sheet set or blanket for nap time, if required
- Healthy snack or lunch
- Water bottle
- Change of clothes (some types of play may be messy)
- Extra pairs of underwear, especially if toilet training
- Sun-safe hat
Do NOT bring
- Fizzy drinks, lollies or chocolates - unless specifically requested for a special celebration
- Nuts or Nutella - we have a nut-free policy to avoid anaphylaxis
- Toys - unless they are comfort items. If you bring toys, we'll remove them and give them to you when you collect your child
Guidelines for child care
Help us run a safe and welcoming child care service by following our guidelines.
- Do not bring your child if they are unwell
- Sign in when you arrive, and out when you leave
- Ensure you bring all the things your child will need for the session
- Label all your child's belongings