Due to current government restrictions, class capacity is limited and we recommend all visitors make a booking prior to attending a group fitness class.
To book a class, or for more information, visit our Group Fitness Timetable.
The key to staying motivated is finding something you enjoy, which is why we offer a huge range of classes for all ages and fitness levels at Northcote Aquatic & Recreation Centre.
We hold a variety of classes every week in our group fitness rooms. Classes vary in intensity and duration, with options available for all fitness levels and abilities. Explore our range of classes below to find one that's right for you.
Our Active Movers classes are designed to suit all ages and abilities, including our older adult members. The classes are low impact designed for older adults, encompassing a range of strength, cardio and flexibility exercises.
Adrenaline is a structured workout that is designed to push you to your limits to help you achieve your results FAST. Adrenaline involves a combination of Functional Training & High Intensity Interval Training. In adrenaline there is a massive emphasis on teaching movements, doing the workout, then beating your own score.
A whole body gentle conditioning workout to improve overall strength, particularly the core muscles. Aqua Aerobics is is a water based class that is suitable for all levels as it is conducted with background music. Due to the in-water nature of the class this class reduces bodyweight and allows participants to complete movements in water that they wouldn’t necessarily be able to do on land.
A pre-choreographed mind body class set to inspiring music. Featuring movement and techniques that draw from Yoga, Tai Chi and Pilates, you will leave this class feeling aligned, strong and energised.
A pre-choreographed weights to music class using plates and barbells. One of the most popular classes in the world! If you don’t have time to do your own weights program, step right up to this class and enjoy exhilarating total body workout! BodyPump™ Express is a 30 minute format.
A circuit class utilising a range of equipment and movements to challenge and strengthen every part of your body. Options for low, medium, and high intensity are given to ensure the workout is suitable yet challenging for all fitness levels.
Deep Water Aqua simulates land-based movements in deep water while free-floating or using buoyancy tools. This type of exercise removes stress put on the joints during load-bearing exercises. Hydro belts are often one of the tools worn in this class to suspend participants in the water while they complete a range of drills.
A cardio-based session on a spin bike suitable for all fitness levels. Trainers motivate you to push your fitness to the next level with various intervals and resistances. A fantastic low-impact class which boost cardio fitness and endurance.
- Be early, late entry is not permitted
- Be prepared with your workout gear, towel and water bottle
- Be respectful and supportive of your fellow participants and our talented instructors
- Be upfront with your instructor about any physical limitations or injuries you may have, especially if you're pregnant
- Let the instructor know if it’s your first time in a fitness class
- The minimum age to attend group fitness is 13 years
- The minimum age to attend Adrenaline HIT is 18 years
- If you need to leave early, do so in a way that won’t impact others or the flow of the class
- Put equipment away after the class
How to Join a Class
Even if you're not a member, you are still welcome to join our classes.
- Collect a ticket from customer service
- Ticket collection opens 90 minutes and closes 5 minutes before the class start time
- One ticket per person, per class, until all tickets are allocated
- Hold onto your ticket until the instructor collects it
Please visit our prices page for more information