Current status: last updated Thursday 24 June
The Victorian Government has announced the further easing of restrictions from 11:59pm on Thursday 24 June.
In line with the latest restrictions, we can announce the following changes to our services:
- Bookings and session times will be removed for the gym, indoor and outdoor pools from Monday 28 June
- Memberships that were active prior to the most recent lockdown will be reactivated from Monday 28 June. Debits will resume as of Thursday 1 July 2021 and be debited on the regular fortnightly schedule. If your membership was active prior to the recent lockdown, but you would like to remain suspended at this time, please email us by 12:00pm on Wednesday 30 June.
- Members who were on suspension prior to the most recent lockdown, will remain on suspension. To reactivate your membership, please contact us or visit us in centre to speak to a member of our team directly.
Recreational Swimming / Lap Swimming
- All patrons will be required to register their visit to Northcote Aquatic and Recreation Centre utilising the QR code or manual registration process.
- All staff directions and signage must be strictly adhered to.
- Participants are not to attend the facility if they are unwell or have any symptoms of the virus i.e. Fever, headache, and cough.
- Participants are not to attend the facility if they have been in contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19 within the last 14 days.
- Kickboard and Pool Buoys will not be available for hire or use.
- Participants must bring their own equipment for swimming (e.g. kickboard, pull buoy, goggles)
- Participants must bring their own water bottle; drink fountains will only be available to re-fill bottles.
- Participants must maintain social distancing, follow directional signage and leave as soon as their session is complete.
- Change Rooms including toilets and showers will be open however, have strict capacity limits. We strongly encourage users to come to the facility ready to swim and only use the change rooms when necessary. When using the change rooms please ensure you maintain 1.5 metres from one another.
All staff have completed the Department of Health COVID-safe training, as well as additional training provided by YMCA Victoria to ensure they are equipped with the knowledge to keep you safe. We have also provided additional training for specific roles to ensure all programs operate safely with social distancing requirements in place.
Wearing a face mask in centre
The current government restrictions no longer require Victorians to wear a fitted face mask that covers the nose and mouth when they leave their home. To ensure we align to all government requirements, we ask that all visitors and patrons continue to carry a face mask with them at all times when inside our centre. Although face masks are no longer mandatory for members of the public in our facilities - they are recommended by the government where social distancing can not be maintained. This could include while moving about the centre, waiting at the front desk or on pool deck during swimming lessons.
If you are unsure of when you should wear a mask, please ask one of our friendly staff who will be able to provide you with the correct guidance.
Signage and instructions
Once you are inside the centre, you will see signage and instructions on how staff and visitors can be COVID-safe. Hygiene signage and floor, seat and bench stickers will be displayed throughout the facility to help everyone with physical distancing requirements.
Social distancing in centre
A safe distance of 1.5 metres between people will be required throughout the centre and programs. All spaces within the centre have been measured and density quotient restrictions per space will be enforced. Staff and visitors will be counted as they enter and exit spaces, and some seats and equipment have been removed to ensure social distancing is possible.
Please remember that we must all play our part in helping stop the spread of COVID-19. If a visitor does not follow our COVID-safe practices, including social distancing requirements, they may politely be asked to leave the facility by a staff member.
Hygiene and cleaning
When you arrive at the facility, the first thing you will notice is hand sanitiser at all entry and exit points, with the expectation that everyone (staff and visitors) sanitise their hands before entering. Hand sanitiser will be available throughout the centre and in bathrooms.
The entire facility will be cleaned every 24 hours and high touch points, such as doors, toilets and gym equipment, will be cleaned regularly throughout the day. Staff will also be wiping down gym equipment regularly and antibacterial wipes will be available for visitors to use before and after using equipment.
Our 8-step plan for a confirmed case
Our staff have been trained to ensure that if there is a confirmed case at the centre, they have the tools and resources they need to close down safely. All visitors will have to sign in at reception when they attend their session, which allows us to contact trace those people who were at the centre. There will also be a contamination clean prior to reopening.
Please do not visit the centre if you are experiencing any of the following symptoms: fever, cough, tiredness, cold, sore throat, runny nose, shortness of breath or headache. If you are experiencing any of these symptoms, please seek medical attention and be checked for COVID-19 at one of the testing stations across the state.