OPENING HOURS (Outdoor 50m Pool and Indoor 25m Pool)
- Monday to Friday: 6:00am to 9:00pm
- Saturday to Sunday: 7:00am to 6:00pm
Members and visitors are currently required to book into a set session to access our Swimming Pools.
This system allows us to for greater community access while still adhering to the Victorian Government regulations.
Limited Lane Availability from Monday 1 February
Lane space throughout the Northcote Aquatic & Recreation Centre is currently limited due to school carnivals and swimming lessons – please refer to the Lane Availability calendar before booking.
Bookings are still recommended for all sessions – please click on the Book Now button below to make a booking.
- All session start times are listed on the BOOK NOW button below and run for 2hrs 45mins followed by a 15min changeover period
- Booking for sessions will give you access to any of our swimming pools depending on availability, bookings for individual pools are no longer required
- The Outdoor 25m Pool and Outdoor Toddler’s Pool will open on hot days where the temperature is expected to exceed 28 degrees
- The spa, sauna and steam room will remain closed until further notice
- Member bookings and casual bookings will be available online – please click on the BOOK NOW button below to make a booking
- Booking slots will be released online two days in advance.
- For details on modifying your booking, please see our Support Guide.
- Walk-in bookings are permitted if there are available spaces – we recommend booking in advance to avoid disappointment
GENERAL ADMISSION SWIMMING RATES
- $6.95 per session
- $5.60 per session – Concession/Child rate
- All children under 2 years FREE and included in Adult/Concession booking
Bookings are recommended and spots are limited due to current restrictions. Bookings can only be made two days in advance.
To ensure your safety and the safety of our staff, we have implemented a number of changes to make your return to our centre is as smooth as possible. Please read the information below for more information on these changes and requirements.
- Bookings will be released two days in advance at 7.00am.
- Patrons will make a general entry booking and are now permitted to move between pools and the change rooms.
- All staff directions and signage must be strictly adhered to.
- Sessions in the pool will run for either 75 minutes or 2.5 hours – patrons will be required to exit the pools during the schedule changeover period at the end of their session and begin to exit the facility. All patrons must have left the centre before the end of their session time to allow for cleaning for the next group.
- Participants are not to attend the facility if they are unwell or have any symptoms of the virus i.e. Fever, headache, and cough.
- Participants are not to attend the facility if they have been in contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19 within the last 14 days.
- Kickboard and Pool Buoys will not be available for hire or use.
- Participants must bring their own equipment for swimming (e.g. kickboard, pull buoy, goggles)
- Participants must bring their own water bottle; drink fountains will only be available to re-fill bottles.
- Participants must maintain social distancing, follow directional signage and leave as soon as their session is complete.
- Change Rooms including toilets and showers will be open however, have strict capacity limits. We strongly encourage users to come to the facility ready to swim and only use the change rooms when necessary. When using the change rooms please ensure you maintain 1.5 metres from one another.
- Parents / Guardians / Carers entering the pool space (indoor/outdoor) are not required to book and pay for a session provided they are not entering the water. Those supervising must ensure they maintain social distancing at all times.
- For those entering with a child/ren under the age of 2 years, only the parent/guardian/carer actively supervising the child, within arm’s reach as per Watch around Water Policy, are required to book for a session. The maximum ratio for supervision is 1 adult to 2 children under the age of 5 (1:2).
- Children under the age of 10 must be actively supervised by a parent/guardian at all times.
- Temperature checks are no longer required upon entry of the facility as per the Victorian Government guidelines.
Watch Around Water Policy Information
At YMCA Victoria we are a Watch Around Water endorsed aquatic safety organisation. The following information is the new watch around water policy launched in centre from 1 September 2019.
Watch Around Water is a set of industry guidelines outlining the minimum supervision requirements of young children at all affiliated aquatic venues.
Children under 5 years oldAll Children MUST be accompanied into the Centre by a person over the age of 18 and supervised within arms’ reach, at all times in the water.
All children MUST wear a pink wristband supplied by YMCA staff to help identify their age while swimming.
Children will not be admitted without a full fee paying parent/guardian who must also be in the water at all times. Groups will not be admitted entry where the number of parents/guardians supervising a group of children under 5 years exceeds the ratio of 1:2 (effective September 1 2019).
Children under 10 years oldAll Children under the age of 10 MUST be accompanied into the Centre by a person over the age of 18. All children MUST be actively supervised by an adult over the age of 18 at all times. The adult must have a clear and active view of the child with no physical or structural barriers between them (this includes tech and devices).
All children MUST wear a yellow wristband supplied by YMCA staff to help identify their age while swimming. Groups will not be admitted entry where the number of parents/guardians supervising a group of children under 10 years exceeds the ratio of 1:4.
Birthday PartiesAll children under the age of 10 MUST be accompanied into the Centre by a person over the age of 18 and handed over to the supervision of the birthday party leader (staff member).
All birthday party participants must wear a BLUE wristband AND an age based wristband (pink or yellow) to identify their participation in a party (effective September 1 2019). The adult guardian of the birthday party child MUST remain accessible and actively supervise the group at all times.
At the conclusion of the birthday party the child/children will remain in the supervision of the birthday party leader and supervising parent until physically handed over to their supervising parent/guardian.
Visit the watch around water websiteFor more information visit the Watch Around Water website: http://www.watcharoundwater.org.au