We are pleased to announce that from Monday November 16, swimming lessons will be restarting at the Northcote Aquatic & Recreation Centre!
As we will be returning late in the year and under Government restrictions, we will be offering a 5-week program that has been designed to re-engage your child with the water and improve their swimming ability and confidence after a long break – something that is incredibly important heading into summer.
Due to the current Government restrictions, we have had to limit some of our program offerings from the usual ones – so there will be a few differences when you return for lessons this time. See below for the details on how our program will operate:
- We will be offering a 5 week program, from the week commencing November 16 through to the week ending December 20
- Once booked, your class time and day will be secured for the 5 week program
- Due to the limited spots, classes will be grouped by age rather than our usual class levels
- There will be a maximum of 5 students per class
- Lessons will run once a week for 40 minutes with a 5 minute changeover between classes, to allow for cleaning to occur
Due to the facility patron limits, only one parent/supervisor will be permitted to enter the facility per student.
Bookings for these lessons will open on Wednesday, November 11. As there are only limited spots available we recommend getting in quickly to secure your spot!
Bookings must be made via our online booking system, and payment is required at the time of booking for the full 5 week program.
The cost for the 5-week program will be $99.25 per person.
- Scroll down and click on the BOOK NOW button
- Select your child’s age group and click on the CHECK AVAILABILITY button
- Select the start date for you lessons and click on the lesson time (listed under Available Times) – this will book them in for the five weeks at the same day and time each week
- Click on BOOK NOW and complete all of your details and payment
- If you would like to book more than one child in for lessons you will need to complete this process separately for each child
- Additional spots may be released for the week commencing Monday, November 23. These spots will be released over the weekend and will be announced via our Facebook page so please keep an eye out there for more details if applicable
Terms and Conditions
- Only one parent/supervisor will be permitted to enter the facility per student
- Due to the limited availability in the program, we are unable to offer make up lessons for missed classes
- Refunds will not be provided for any missed classes
- We will not be offering a waitlist at this time.
Although this is super exciting, there are a number of restrictions still in place and the safety of our community is vital so please expect to see strict hygiene and social distancing measures when you arrive at the facility.
For any further information regarding this program please email us at email@example.com.
If you would like to enquire about access and inclusion lessons, please contact Sandra at firstname.lastname@example.org
All current enrolments will remain suspended and places will be held. We hope to resume our normal swimming lesson program in 2021.
We look forward to seeing you back swimming with us!
Watch Around Water Policy Information
At YMCA Victoria we are a Watch Around Water endorsed aquatic safety organisation. The following information is the new watch around water policy launched in centre from 1 September 2019.
Watch Around Water is a set of industry guidelines outlining the minimum supervision requirements of young children at all affiliated aquatic venues.
Children under 5 years oldAll Children MUST be accompanied into the Centre by a person over the age of 18 and supervised within arms’ reach, at all times in the water.
All children MUST wear a pink wristband supplied by YMCA staff to help identify their age while swimming.
Children will not be admitted without a full fee paying parent/guardian who must also be in the water at all times. Groups will not be admitted entry where the number of parents/guardians supervising a group of children under 5 years exceeds the ratio of 1:2 (effective September 1 2019).
Children under 10 years oldAll Children under the age of 10 MUST be accompanied into the Centre by a person over the age of 18. All children MUST be actively supervised by an adult over the age of 18 at all times. The adult must have a clear and active view of the child with no physical or structural barriers between them (this includes tech and devices).
All children MUST wear a yellow wristband supplied by YMCA staff to help identify their age while swimming. Groups will not be admitted entry where the number of parents/guardians supervising a group of children under 10 years exceeds the ratio of 1:4.
Birthday PartiesAll children under the age of 10 MUST be accompanied into the Centre by a person over the age of 18 and handed over to the supervision of the birthday party leader (staff member).
All birthday party participants must wear a BLUE wristband AND an age based wristband (pink or yellow) to identify their participation in a party (effective September 1 2019). The adult guardian of the birthday party child MUST remain accessible and actively supervise the group at all times.
At the conclusion of the birthday party the child/children will remain in the supervision of the birthday party leader and supervising parent until physically handed over to their supervising parent/guardian.
Visit the watch around water websiteFor more information visit the Watch Around Water website: http://www.watcharoundwater.org.au