Join a cardio tennis session at Northcote Aquatic & Recreation Centre for a great all-over workout.
Cardio tennis is a 60 minute workout combining a variety of heart-pumping exercises with a range of fun tennis drills, all set to a high-energy soundtrack.
It doesn’t matter if you’ve never played before. Our coaches are trained to mix up the activities to cater for all skills and fitness levels, so while it’s a great workout for beginners, more experienced tennis players will also be challenged too.
Cardio tennis is offered as part of our group fitness timetable and is FREE for members.
- Tennis members FREE
- Health & wellness + tennis members FREE
- Health & wellness members FREE
- Tennis program members (13 & over) $10
- Community members $12.40 / $10.00 (concession)
Note: Under 17 years must be a youth member or have a youth card.
Cardio tennis operates like a group fitness class:
- Northcote members: turn up weekly and collect your ticket up to 90 minutes prior to the class starting
- Non-members: receive a 10% discount when you sign up for the term in advance, plus a guaranteed place each week.
What to bring
- a tennis racquet (provided to participants if required)
- your favourite workout gear
- trainers (or acceptable footwear – non-marking flat soled shoes preferred)
- a water bottle or sports drink.
Wet weather plan
In the event of inclement weather, the cardio tennis session may be cancelled for safety reasons. Every effort will be made to provide alternate arrangements, (if another space is available or another time is suitable). If a prepaid session is cancelled due to inclement weather access to another session will be organised by the head coach.