Today Premier Daniel Andrews announced that Metro Melbourne will move into the second step of Victoria’s Roadmap to Reopening. We are working with council to determine the best reopen date based on the second step restrictions and will update this page as decisions are made.
It goes without saying that the safety of our community is our number one priority. When we do reopen it will be with the same COVID-Safe measures in place including temperature testing on entry, an online booking system, social distancing, masks, and, of course, strict cleaning and hygiene practices.
As you might be aware, the expected date that Metropolitan Melbourne will be moving to the Second Step of Victoria’s Roadmap for Reopening is Monday, September 28 (subject to the 14-day rolling average of new COVID-19 cases). Included in the Second Step easing of restrictions is the opportunity to reopen outdoor pools in Metropolitan Melbourne for exercise purposes.
At this stage, we anticipate being able to open the 50m outdoor pool for lap swimming during the first week of restrictions easing. As we will be under the restrictions of the First Step until September 28, we will require a few days to complete minor facility maintenance that we are currently unable to conduct.
The safety of our community is vital, so please expect to see strict measures upon your return to keep us all safe and ensure we comply with Government restrictions. These will include:
- Only outdoor lap swimming will be available. Please note that at this stage all other aquatic programs and services remain closed.
- In the Second Step you are not permitted to travel further than 5km from your home. Please do not book or attend if you live more than 5km’s from the centre.
- Bookings must be made online or over the phone prior to attending and paid for in advance. Please note: Online and phone bookings will be available 48 hours in advance. You will not be able to place you first booking until Wednesday, September 30.
- A limit of 20 swimmers per pool applies.
- Bookings will be for 45 minutes of swimming time to allow for a 15-minute changeover and sanitisation period between each session.
- Toilets will be available, but access to drink fountains, showers, change rooms and lockers will remain closed. Please arrive showered, ready to swim and bring your own water bottle.
As all existing member accounts are currently on suspension and no membership fees are being charged, we kindly ask that everyone continues to use the facility on a pay per use basis as per the previous reopening. The casual booking rate will apply to all bookings until further notice.